NEW PRODUCT – TinyG CNC Controller Board v8 :The TinyG project is a high performance, USB based CNC 6-axis controller that supports XYZ linear and ABC rotary axes with 4 motor outputs. It is designed for small CNC applications and other applications that require highly controllable motion control. TinyG is meant to be a complete embedded solution for small or medium motor control.
- Full, integrated motion control system with embedded microcontroller (Atmel ATxmega192) and 4 stepper motor drivers (TI DRV8811) integrated on a ~4 inch square board
- Accepts Gcode from USB port and interprets it locally on the board
- 6-axis control (XYZ + ABC rotary axes)
- Acceleration planning performed using constant jerk motion equations (3rd order S curves) for very smooth and fast motion transitions for lines and arcs
- Very smooth step pulse generation using phase-optimized, smart oversampling, fractional step DDA running at 50 Khz with very low jitter
- Networkable via RS485 to support motion peripherals and for networking mutliple boards for multi-axis systems and for really interesting projects (up to 1000 stepper axes)
- Stepper drivers handle 2.5 amps per winding which will handle most motors up thru NEMA23 and some NEMA34 motors.
- Micro-stepping up to 1/8 (optimized DDA makes this smoother than many 1/16 implementations)
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.