* Designed to plug into a breadboard for easy prototyping
* Petite size, only 3″ x 0.8″ (75mm x 20mm)
* All ‘standard’ pins are brought out – Digital 0 thru 13, Analog 0 thru 5, ARef, 5V, Ground, Vin and Reset
* Chip comes preprogrammed with my “no-wait” Arduino bootloader
* 2 LEDs, green power and red “pin 13” just like the Arduino Diecimila
* Available as a low cost kit with standard parts, so its never out of stock
* All through-hole parts are easy to solder
* Reset button
* ATmega168, running at 16.00 MHz, just like the NG and Diecimila
* 6-pin standard ICSP header
* Standard 2.1mm DC jack (just like the original) with 5V regulator to run on 7V-17V power
* 1N4001 diode protects against using incorrect wall adapter
* 6-pin header at the end for a USB-TTL cable
* Auto-reset capability when used with a USB-TTL cable
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.