We are slowly but surely transcribing many of the videos on Adafruit.com – we think this is good not only for the hearing impaired but it also makes things easier to find when web searching. Most of all it’s 2009, almost 2010 – every video should really have a transcript. For our transcription services we used a service that pt had used at MAKE, they’re called 3Play Media based out of Somerville, MA. We worked with Josh Miller there, we do not make any affiliate money, etc. We hope you enjoy the transcripts, our kits, our videos and plan to do lots more.
The process works like this:
- Upload a video, we uploaded a small low res file
- Select the type of transcription and file outputs, you can get time sync’ed as well, handy for closed captioning. They also supply keywords from the video, handy for tagging
- Wait a few days, we did not need expedited services
- Pay via paypal, it was $24.33
And that’s it.
Here are our first two transcriptions, we only edited 2 words so far (MAKE magazine and EYEBEAM) – not bad! There are some corrections we’ll make later but we’re really happy with this and the price is right.
- Our first open source Homeland Security non-lethal weapon – The Do-it-yourself handheld LED-based Incapacitator: THE BEDAZZLER (transcript at bottom).
- Big news… EFF pioneer award! “Hardware Hacker, E-Voting Investigator, and Public Domain Advocate Win Pioneer Awards” (transcript at bottom).
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.