0018 – 2010.01.29
[core / libraries]
- Added tone() and noTone() functions for frequency generation.
- Added Serial.end() command.
- Added precision parameter for printing of floats / doubles.
- Incorporated latest version of Firmata.
- Fixed bug w/ disabling use of the RW pin in the LiquidCrystal library.
- No longer disabling interrupts in delayMicroseconds().
- Fixed bug w/ micros() returning incorrect values from within an interrupt.
- Fixed bug that broke use of analog inputs 8-15 on the Mega.
- Synchronized with the Processing 1.0.9 code base, bringing various fixes, including to a bug causing saving to fail when closing the last sketch.
- Added support for third-party hardware in the SKETCHBOOK/hardware folder, mirroring the current structure of the hardware folder in Arduino.
- Added Ctrl-Shift-M / Command-Shift-M shortcut for serial monitor.
- Hold down shift when pressing the Verify / Compile or Upload toolbar buttons to generate verbose output (including command lines).
- Moving build (on upload) from the applet/ sub-folder of the sketch to a temporary directory (fixing problems with uploading examples from within the Mac OS X disk image or a Linux application directory).
- Fixed bug the prevented the inclusion of .cpp and .h (or .c and .h) files of the same name in a sketch.
- Improved the Mac OS X disk image (.dmg): added a shortcut to the Applications folder, a background image with arrow, and new FTDI drivers.
Eink, E-paper, Think Ink – Collin shares six segments pondering the unusual low-power display technology that somehow still seems a bit sci-fi – http://adafruit.com/thinkink
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — To make it through a tough business cycle, layoffs should be a last resort
Wearables — Be outdoor ready
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython 6.1.0.RC0, Blinka Explained, and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Our Favorite IoT Projects from 2020
Microsoft MakeCode — Space Jam, The MakeCode Show & More!
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — NEW PRODUCTS – Ultra Flexible White LED Strips – 480 per meter – 5m long – Warm White + Cool White
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.