Now in the Adafruit store – The Bus Pirate – v3a. Interfacing a new microchip can be a hassle. Breadboarding a circuit, writing code, hauling out the programmer, or maybe even prototyping a PCB. We never seem to get it right on the first try.
The ‘Bus Pirate’ is a universal bus interface that talks to most chips from a PC serial terminal, eliminating a ton of early prototyping effort when working with new or unknown chips. Many serial protocols are supported at 0-5.5volts, more can be added. Adafruit is an official US distributor of Ian Lesnet’s Bus Pirate, each purchase directly supports Dangerous Prototypes! Remember, you are directly supporting the maker when you purchase from Adafruit!
1-Wire, I2C, SPI, JTAG, asynchronous serial (UART), MIDI, PC keyboard, HD44780 LCDs, and generic 2- and 3-wire libraries for custom protocols.
- USB interface, USB powered
- 0-5.5volt tolerant pins
- 0-6volt measurement probe
- 1Hz-40MHz frequency measurement
- 1kHz – 4MHz pulse-width modulator, frequency generator
- On-board multi-voltage pull-up resistors
- On-board 3.3volt and 5volt power supplies with software reset
- Macros for common operations
- Bus traffic sniffers (SPI, I2C)
- A bootloader for easy USB firmware updates
- Transparent USB->serial bridge mode
- 10Hz-1MHz low-speed logic analyzer
- Custom support in AVRDUDE, Flashrom
- AVR STK500 v2 programmer clone
- Scriptable from Perl, Python, etc.
- Translations (currently Spanish and Italian)
We also have Bus pirate basic probe sets! This is a interface cable designed for Bus Pirate which can makes it easier to connect the Bus Pirate to a circuit and get hacking!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Special servo movement
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.