Win a MakerBot! Becky writes –
To celebrate (one last time) the success of our Desktop Manufacturing issue of MAKE, we’ve teamed up with the folks at MakerBot Industries. We’re going to be giving away a CupCake CNC, in the first ever official MakerBot CupCake CNC giveaway and Thingiverse design challenge! One lucky 3D designer will win a Deluxe CupCake CNC kit for his/her contribution to Thingiverse, and five runners up will receive something special too! Here’s what you do to enter:
- Imagine something you’d like to see printed on a MakerBot CupCake CNC!
- Design your object using any 3D design software you like.
- Upload your design to Thingiverse!
- Share the link to your Thingiverse post here, in the comments, by May 5th, 2010 at noon PDT.
Don’t have the design chops? Share your idea for a 3D-printable object (step 1 only) in the comments below to still be eligible to win one of five “Poor Person’s 3D Fabbing” prize packs each including:
- 1 Arduino Duemilanove board (courtesy of MakerBot)
- 1 copy of MAKE, Volume 21, the Desktop Manufacturing issue
- 1 Maker’s Notebook (courtesy of Maker Shed)
- 1 package of Shapelock Design Plastic (courtesy of Maker Shed)
Only those who upload a 3D design to Thingiverse and share the link here are eligible to win the grand prize of a CupCake CNC Deluxe Kit.
Enter as many times as you like, but you can only win one prize. Although we’ll allow you to submit Things you’ve already designed/posted, we highly encourage you to make something new for the challenge! Winners will be announced on May 12.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Shenzhen: The Silicon Valley of Hardware (Full Documentary) and Who invests in hardware?
Wearables — Take flight with shiny wings
Electronics — Inadequate volt signal
Biohacking — Movie: The Immortalists – Live Forever… or die trying.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.