We made an announcement at Maker Faire and here’s the official one!
All Hacker Spaces in the world get Adafruit reseller pricing starting today. What does that mean? All Hacker Spaces around the world can get up to 40% off of our kits and breakout boards, just like our resellers do.
Hackerspaces are community-operated physical places, where people can meet and work on their projects. Many Hacker Spaces have been using our kits for workshops, for events and for running their own businesses to fund their spaces. After seeing how well this is working out for a few Hacker Spaces we’re expanding it to everyone who runs a Hacker Space.
Here’s how it works.
- Pick one person from your Hacker Space to be the representative. Have them make an account on Adafruit.com
- Email [email protected] include who you are, your Hacker Space URL and number of members. Include the email address you used for the account on Adafruit.com
- We will then set you account to “reseller”, email you back and you’ll have access to reseller pricing on our kits, up to 40% off, depend on quantity.
- All we ask is that you make orders over $250 per order, this is so we don’t go out of business doing this – so far all Hacker Spaces have been above $500 per order since they’re ordering a lot so we’re putting $250 for now as the minimum.
- That’s it! Hacker Spaces are wonderful places filled with wonderful people making things, we’re thrilled many are using our kits and documentation for classes!
Here is a list of all the Hacker Spaces in the world, see if you’re close to one and consider joining one today.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “Silicon Valley startups invade Best Buy”
Wearables — Bringing cosplay to life
Electronics — Is your op amp going crazy?
Biohacking — mPort is Making a 3D Body Scanner Booth
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.