This dice symbols represent, in a way, the story of the electronics components… Electronics symbols die D6 ,resistor, capacitor, chip – eBay (item 180515541741 end time Jul-02-10 00:58:21 PDT) via MAKE.
- Resistor. Any metal whire has electrical resistance.
- Capacitor(+ resistor). Two metal plates that can store energy between them.
- Coil (+ capacitor + resistor). A wound whire that resists electrical current change.
- Diode (+ coil + capacitor + resistor). Allows electrical current in one direction but not the other. Precursor of the transistor.
- Operational amplifier. Makes use of all the above components to create a singular circuit capable of amplifying, filtering and much more.
- Integrated circuit. The pinacle of electronics. Any component of the above doesn’t get smaller than in this package.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — Start with a sketch
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — Project Peri – Translates Sound into Light for the Hearing Impaired
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.