NEW PRODUCT – USB LiIon/LiPoly charger – v1.1. This is a Lithium Ion and Lithium Polymer battery charger based on the MCP73833. It uses a USB mini-B for connection to any computer or ‘USB wall adapter’. Charging is performed in three stages: first a preconditioning charge, then a constant-current fast charge and finally a constant-voltage trickle charge to keep the battery topped-up. The fast-charge current is 200mA by default, but is easily adjustable from 100mA up to 1000mA by soldering a through-hole resistor on-board.
This board is great for DIY projects because it has 3 indicator LEDs – one for power, one for charging status and a third that indicates when charging is complete. Keep the battery connected to the charger and pass power through the additional JST connector using the included cable!
- Comes assembled and tested with a free bonus JST cable!
- 5V input via mini-B USB connector
- For charging single Lithium Ion/Lithium Polymer 3.7/4.2v batteries (not for older 3.6/4.1v cells)
- 200mA charge current, adjustable up to 1000mA by soldering in a resistor
- Separate JST connectors for battery and load system so batteries don’t have to be removed for charging
- 0.1″ (2.54mm) pads next to the JST in case you want to use terminal blocks or connect it to a breadboard
- Free 2-pin JST cable included!
Available and shipping now in the Adafruit store, $10.00 (that’s right, only $10.00) !
Please post all TECHNICAL questions up in the forums, thanks!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “Finally — some data on whether crowdfunding is a good investment or not”
Wearables — Sample code is your new best friend
Electronics — Meaningful gains
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.