T. A. Grimm & Associates announced a new benchmark specifically designed for 3D printers. TAG’s approach is to produce four challenging and specifically designed models on each of the tested printers.
- Elapsed time – including not only the build, but also any necessary processing time or labor/automation
- Cost – including materials, operating expense and of course printer acquisition cost
- Quality – including finish quality, materials and accuracy
- Operations – including day-to-day activities, office suitability and the green factor
The benchmark has been run against seven key commercial 3D printers:
- Alaris30 (Objet Geometries)
- Designjet 3D (HP)
- ProJet SD 3000 (3D Systems)
- SD300 Pro (Solido)
- V-Flash (3D Systems)
- ZPrinter 310 Plus (Z Corporation)
- uPrint (Stratasys)
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Memorize Your Metrics
Wearables — Furry face
Electronics — Get the scoop on crystal capacitors
Biohacking — Hykso: Punch Tracking Sensors
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.