NEW PRODUCT – USB/DC Lithium Polymer battery charger 5-12V – 4.2v. Charge your single-cell lithium ion/polymer battery any which way you like with this board. Have a USB connection? No problem, just plug into the miniUSB connector. Only have a wall adapter? Any standard 2.1mm DC adapter which puts out 5 to 12VDC will work fine. If both are plugged in, the charger will automatically choose whichever has the highest voltage.
Other nice things about this charger include multiple LEDs for power & charging status, including a charging LED which will blink when the battery is full. If the charger gets too hot from high-speed charging, it will slow down the charge rate automatically. You can easily adjust the charge rate up to 1.2A or down to 100mA.
We also toss in an free JST cable!
- Use USB or DC power – 5 to 12V input
- Charges one single-cell Lithium ion/polymer battery at 4.2V with constant current/constant voltage
- Three indicator LEDs – green for Power, orange for charging and red for error
- Charging LED will blink when the battery is full
- You don’t have to worry about heat dissipation in the charger, even when plugging in a 12V DC power jack – thermal protection inside will slow down the charge rate to prevent damage
- 2 JST connections so you can keep the battery plugged in and powering your project
- Terminal block connections galore (if you don’t like JST connectors) just solder in 3.5mm terminal blocks
- Default charge rate is about 280mA, but you can easily change this by soldering in a through-hole resistor on. The chip can do 100-1200 mA charging
- Safety timer will stop charging after about 14 hours
- The chip supports a standard 10K thermistor, which we have stuffed as a standard resistor. You can solder in a thermistor easily
- Lots of information in the datasheet for the MCP73861
- Fully assembled, tested and comes with a free JST cable
The USB/DC Lithium Polymer battery charger 5-12V – 4.2v is in stock and shipping now!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Samsung & Batteries
Wearables — Award winning shield
Electronics — Here’s the deal with BJT power
Biohacking — Microbes in the Mansion: US Presidents and their Bacteria
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.