Here’s a tutorial page for the FTDI friend with some information on drivers and files, we also include a little hack on using an FTDI chip as a slow but functional AVR programmer. If you’re in a pinch and need to program an Arduino bootloader but don’t want to replace the drivers and avrdude, this will work with just a single wire soldered on… FTDI Friend – Breakout Board+ (tutorial)
- Installing windows drivers (mac/linux don’t need to install drivers!)
- Identifying the COM/serial port (mac/windows/linux)
- Whats the difference between an FTDI cable/adapter and an AVR programmer?
- How to use the FTDI friend as a (slow) AVR programmer
- How to burn Arduino bootloaders using the previous tutorial