Here’s a tutorial page for the FTDI friend with some information on drivers and files, we also include a little hack on using an FTDI chip as a slow but functional AVR programmer. If you’re in a pinch and need to program an Arduino bootloader but don’t want to replace the drivers and avrdude, this will work with just a single wire soldered on… FTDI Friend – Breakout Board+ (tutorial)
- Installing windows drivers (mac/linux don’t need to install drivers!)
- Identifying the COM/serial port (mac/windows/linux)
- Whats the difference between an FTDI cable/adapter and an AVR programmer?
- How to use the FTDI friend as a (slow) AVR programmer
- How to burn Arduino bootloaders using the previous tutorial
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.