NEW FEATURE – PART FINDER FRIDAY! THE 555
To begin our “part finder fridays” were going to lean on our good buddy the 555.
- The most common timer chip is the 555, but it comes in a few flavors!
- 555’s are commidified, you’ll see them made by dozens of manufacturers.
- Pretty much any ‘555 is pin compatible with different power ratings, voltage ratings, max frequency etc.
- NE555, SE555 LM555 is the ‘original’ TTL version but is power hungry, and needs 4.5V or higher to run! In general the CMOS versions are better
- The LMC555/TLC555 is the lighter-weight CMOS version, it can run as low as 1.5V, with much less power dissipation. These are your bread and butter!
- The TLC551CP is ultra low voltage, can run on 1V, making it perfect for single-alkaline-battery operation
We have links for purchase, and of course the EagleCad library reference. Its all in the wiki so if you have some other 555’s you like or other purchase links please add them in!
Looking for parts? Stop by the parts wiki!
Join 4,000+ makers on Adafruit’s Discord channels and be part of the community! http://adafru.it/discord
Learn “How Computers Work” with Bill Gates, Ladyada and more – From Code.org !
CircuitPython in 2018 – Python on Microcontrollers is here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Follow Adafruit on Instagram for top secret new products, behinds the scenes and more https://www.instagram.com/adafruit/
Maker Business — Prototyping PCBs with Particle, a guide from a pro in the field #makerbusiness
Wearables — From mat to hat
Electronics — Even lower power!
Biohacking — Nectome’s Brain Preservation and Backup Service Plan
Python for Microcontrollers — Scott ([email protected]) on the Amp Hour podcast!
Get the only spam-free daily newsletter about wearables, running a "maker business", electronic tips and more! Subscribe at AdafruitDaily.com
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.