NEW PRODUCT – Atmega32u4 Breakout Board+ Toss out those FTDI cables and go USB-native with the ATmega32u4. After many months of back-orders, we finally received a shipment of these little guys and are excited to offer our breakout board. The little dev board keeps it simple, with just the bare essentials:
- Atmega32u4 – AVR core with USB capability. 32K flash, 2.5K RAM running at 16MHz
- We put a avrdude compatible bootloader on there, which takes 4K. You can always remove it
- Standard AVR 6-pin ISP connector for direct programming (when you need the extra space)
- Big Bootload/Reset button
- 500mA fuse on the USB power line
- Power LED and ‘user’ LED (also indicates when the bootloader is active)
- Fits nicely in any breadboard
- 4 mounting holes
This breakout board is best for those who have familiarity with some microcontrollers and are comfortable with writing code in C. This board doesn’t come with any ‘learn to program’ tutorials! If this is your first time with a microcontroller, we suggest going with an Arduino which is easier. Then when you want to upgrade, check this out.
Plug it in, connect a mini-B USB cable and you can start writing code immediately. With the built-in bootloader you don’t even need an AVR programmer. We suggest checking out the LUFA library to get started with the USB core as nearly every kind of device has an example already.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — DoD Education Program
Wearables — Don’t be a dummy
Electronics — Even lower power!
Biohacking — Biohacking: Getting Ripped with Brian Konash Partner Acrobatics Base
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.