If you’re looking for one of the best multimeters, we’re proud to now offer our personal favorite! The Extech EX330 “12 Function Mini MultiMeter + Non-Contact Voltage Detector. Autoranging DMM with NCV detector and Temperature function”. This product is the winner of EEVBlog Multimeter Shootout (Extech press release) & Dave’s site here – and on top of that, its been our daily-use multimeter for over 3 years. It’s compact, has auto-off, tons of features and a temperature probe for checking thermal properties, soldering iron calibration and perhaps even a DIY reflow control
Compact auto-ranging multimeter features extra large 4000 count display and built-in non-contact AC voltage detector. Advanced function include Frequency (nice for checking UART baud rates, crystal oscillators), Duty Cycle, Capacitance and Temperature (is your power supply overheating?), Diode test and continuity beeper. Rubber holster protects meter. UL listed Cat III – 600V. Includes test leads, Type K temperature probe, two AA batteries and tilt stand. UL listed. Large display and a host of features.
- Autoranging DMM with 12 functions and 0.5% basic accuracy
- AC/DC Voltage measurement – 0.1mV to 600V
- AC/DC Current – 0.1uF to 10A
- Resistance – 0.1Ω to 40MΩ
- Capacitance – 0.001nF to 200μF
- Frequency & Duty Cycle – 0.001Hz to 40MHz / 0.1% to 99.9% duty
- Type K thermocouple temperature – -20 to 750°C
- Built-in non-contact AC voltage detector (NCV) with red LED indicator and audible beeper
- Large-digit 4,000 count LCD display
- Max Hold, Data Hold, Relative and Auto power off
- Complete with test leads, tilt stand, protective holster, Type K bead wire probe and 2 AAA batteries
Check out our detailed getting-started-with-your-multimeter tutorial here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Memorize Your Metrics
Wearables — Furry face
Electronics — Get the scoop on crystal capacitors
Biohacking — Hykso: Punch Tracking Sensors
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.