NEW PRODUCT – Propeller Platform USB. The Propeller Platform USB is an open-source platform for building your own electronics projects with the new 8-core Parallax Propeller chip. This development board has the programming/debugging interface built in along with a microSD card slot.
- Design your project in Spin, a custom programming language perfect for beginners (tutorials)
- Collaborate with your PC, built in USB lets you update programs or share data with your computer
- Interact with the real world, 32 I/O pins let you read tons of sensors and control multiple devices
- Output video or advanced audio, Built in video hardware makes video easy, microSD lets you include Hi-Fi audio samples
- Expand with any breadboard or protoboard, use a custom designed module, or create your own
What Can You Do With the Propeller Platform USB?
Turning Stuff Off and On:
32 I/O pins means you can connect to many devices at the same time – multiple LED's, real-time clocks, switches, and relays. It's easy to control dozens of devices.
A unique architecture lets you simultaneously control multiple motors and read multiple sensors. Take a look at the Spyder, an auto-balancing quadcopter running on the Propeller. A screw terminal power connection helps to connect a battery, and the ultra low dropout voltage regulator runs with as little as 5.5V input power.
If you want to make your own games, adding video output is as simple as using 3 resistors and an RCA jack. Games like X-Racer are possible, and you can output video in PAL, NTSC, or even VGA. Advanced sound capabilities let you enhance your game, too.
Playback 16-bit stereo wavs stored on the microSD / SDHC card, output TOSLINK (optical) SPDIF audio with a standard LED, or create your own digital effects.
- Protoboard & breadboard compatible
- Download layout templates in Eagle, Diptrace, or ExpressPCB to design your own modules
- We offer an add-on module for prototyping, other add-ons are available at Gadget Gangster
- 80Mhz 8-Core Parallax Propeller with removable 5MHz crystal
- 64kb EEPROM for long-term program and data storage
- 5V and 3.3V 1.5A Voltage Regulators accept 5.5v min. power input
- Comes with a 2.1mm barrel power jack connector and screw terminal connector
- 2.8" x 2.5" footprint with pin sockets to add additional Platform modules or connect to a breadboard.
- Software: Windows, Mac, or Linux. If you need USB drivers, they're here
- Documentation: Manual (pdf), schematic (pdf), Layout, BOM, & License (zip archive)
- Tutorials: Getting started with the Propeller, Add-on module design templates
The Propeller Platform USB is designed and assembled in California.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Undercover in an iPhone Factory (video)
Wearables — Go with silicone
Electronics — Shift away from basic arithmetic
Biohacking — Bunnies Book “The Hardware Hacker” Applies to Biohackers
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.