The Arduino plugin adds a top level menu to TextMate which exposes functionality useful for Arduino development. It also contains a serial monitor which leverages Apple’s terminal application, allowing ANSI escape codes.
The Arduino menu offers:
* Port – Exposes currently connected Arduino boards; or a generic ‘any’ option which choose the first board available.
* Type – A fixed list of board types, which customizes the download and build options
* Speed – The port speed used for the serial monitor.
* Serial Monitor – Launches the serial monitor as a separate process; one for each project
* Compile and Upload – Compiles and uploads the current project to the selected port.