NEW PRODUCT – 2.8″ 18-bit color TFT LCD with touchscreen breakout board! Add some jazz & pizazz to your project with a color touchscreen LCD. This TFT display is big (2.8″ diagonal) bright (4 white-LED backlight) and colorful (up to 18-bit 262,000 different shades)! 240×320 pixels with individual pixel control, this has way more resolution than a black and white 128×64 display. As a bonus, this display has a resistive touchscreen attached to it already, so you can detect finger presses anywhere on the screen.
This display has a controller built into it with RAM buffering, so that almost no work is done by the microcontroller. You’ll need 8 digital data lines and 4 or 5 digital control lines to read and write to the display (12 lines total). 4 pins are required for the touch screen (2 digital, 2 analog) but because of the way resistive touch screens work, we can share pins with the LCD so the entire setup can be run by 12 pins (10 digital, 2 analog).
Of course, we wouldn’t just leave you with a datasheet and a “good luck!” – we’ve written a full open source graphics library that can draw pixels, lines, rectangles, circles and text . We also have a touch screen library that detects x, y and z (pressure) and example code to demonstrate all of it. Be sure to see our detailed tutorial at the product page where we discuss how to use the LCD, and go through the example Arduino library and example code.
The library and example code is written for Arduino but can be easily ported to your favorite microcontroller!
- 2.8″ diagonal LCD TFT display
- 240×320 resolution, 18-bit (262,000) color
- ILI9325 (datasheet) or ILI9328 (datasheet) controller with built in video RAM buffer
- 8 bit digital interface, plus 4 or 5 control lines
- 5V compatible! Use with 3.3V or 5V logic such as an Arduino
- Onboard 3.3V @ 150mA LDO regulator
- 4 white LED backlight, transistor connected so you can PWM dim the backlight
- 1×20 header for easy breadboarding, or 2×10 header for cable connection
- 4 x 0.125″/3mm mounting holes with tabs
- 4-wire resistive touchscreen
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — HAX Hardware Trends 2017
Wearables — Is there a spoon?
Electronics — Rule of thumb: At least one via per amp.
Biohacking — “Earable” Sensor Detects Core Body Temperature
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.