Our things can tell us a story…if they have a voice…if they are connected. What can our things tell us? How about how much power they use? How about if someone is in your house? How about your toaster updating Twitter? A new generation of products and services for “connected things” are being created as we speak. Be a part of the story…
ThingSpeak is an open web of things platform to allow devices to interact with web services, apps, and things. ThingSpeak is open to any type of data from devices and applications. ThingSpeak is a cloud service…things-as-a-service (TaaS)? ThingSpeak is open now.
- Open API – connect devices and applications via the Internet to send and receive data
- Multiple Data Types – numbers (decimal and comma) and alphanumeric strings
- Real-time Data Processing – time scaling, averaging, median, summing, and rounding
- Time and Location – localized time, geolocation, latitude, longitude, and elevation
- Social Context – augment data with status updates
- Charts – instant visualization and embed tools
- Apps – built-in apps to connect things to web services
- Plugins – sandbox to create mashups, visualizations, and apps
At first we didn’t quite get exactly what this does, but here’s an example – Using an Arduino + Ethernet Shield to Update a ThingSpeak Channel… So, quickly get physical things reporting sensor data to places like Twitter, etc…
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Raspberry Pi and CoderDojo Join Forces
Wearables — Gold glow
Electronics — Linear Love
Biohacking — Read Faster Using JETZT or SPEEDREAD
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.