I love my PanaVise Jr. But about half the time I go to use it I find its just not wide enough to hold what I’m working on. At only a 3″ opening, it only holds the smaller of my projects.
After disassembling the vise to see how I might be able to extend the opening, I discovered it was very doable. This Instructable documents how I was able to extend it to a 7¼” opening for only $7 in parts! The end result is a product that looks as good and works better than the original.
The best mini-vise for working on smaller PCBs (2.875″ or less in one dimension)! The jaws are strong plastic that wont damage the PCB and doesn’t mind if you hit it with the soldering iron by accident. Made in the USA.
- The easy-to-use single knob controls head movement through 3-planes: 210 degree Tilt, 360 degree Turn & 360 degree Rotation
- Fine/coarse adjusting knob controls jaw pressure for delicate work
- Grooved jaws are excellent for holding small objects and are made of reinforced thermal composite plastic. Continuous heat tolerance to 350F (177C), intermittent heat up to 450 F (204C)
- Jaws are 2″ (50.8mm) tall, 1″ (25.4mm) wide, and open to 2.875″ (73mm)
- Neoprene jaw pads are available for holding extremely delicate items
- Base features 4.3125″ (109.5mm) bolt circle countersunk for three 1/4 in. (6.3mm) flat-head screws (not included); compatible with all PanaVise Base Mounts
- Height: 6.75″ (173mm), Weight: 1.2 lbs. (0.6kg)
In the Adafruit store!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.