TUTORIAL TUESDAY – Proto Screw Shield for Arduino! The proto-screwshield is the ultimate breakout board for an Arduino. It combines a prototyping shield with a full set of 3.5mm screw terminal blocks. The protoshield part lets you build custom circuitry and then you can easily & securely connect wires and sensors to the terminal blocks. Great for panel mounts, buttons, sensors, enclosures etc.
Proto-Screwshield (Wingshield) kit! The next generation Proto-ScrewShield is a dual-purpose prototyping shield. Now only does it have a large 0.1″ grid prototyping area but it also extends the Arduino pins to sturdy, secure, and dependable screw terminal blocks. You even get a few bonus terminals for extra GND and four ‘free’ terminals for whatever connections you wish!
The stack-able wing design allows you slip this under any shield and still get easy access to the “analog” & “digital” ports of the Arduino. The ScrewShield can be stacked above or below pretty much every other shield.
- 1 large high-quality US-made PCB, specifically chosen for it’s excellent resistance to lots of soldering and desoldering (essential for prototyping boards)
- Plenty of prototyping space, with power/ground rails
- Diffused green power LED, extra diffused red LED for user choice (although we suggest to connect it to pin 13)
- Reset button
- 2 sets of 6-pin stacky female header pins
- 2 sets of 8-pin stacky female header pins
- Lots of 3.5mm terminal blocks to fill 36 breakouts on the board
Comes as a kit of all through-hole parts. You’ll need to assemble the kit using a soldering iron, diagonal cutters and solder but its an easy kit and should take less than half an hour.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — MakerBot’s technology of the future grapples with its rocky past
Wearables — Glue thoughts
Electronics — Check out this shorthand shortcut
Biohacking — Take a Tour of the Alcor Cryonics Facility
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.