This sounds like a dream gig! – Software Engineer at iFixit / Adafruit Jobs Board…
We create easy to use, highly scalable software. We’re an engineering company through and through, and our top-notch developers understand that good code transforms culture.
We’re bringing the repair world into the 21st century, one cutting-edge feature at a time. Our team authored one of the first web frameworks, wrote a powerful semantic wiki parser, and built the first image-based wiki. And because that wasn’t enough of a challenge, we completely integrated an innovative social reputation system.
Our stack is built with our favorite technologies. We highly value experience with at least some of these components.
- Front-end: MooTools
- Back-end: PHP + MySQL + Memcache + Apache
- Storage: Gearmand + MogileFS + S3
- Cloud: Amazon AWS, facilitated by RightScale. And yes, our architecture weathered Amazon’s recent downtime with aplomb.
- Have a portfolio of code or links to online projects you have worked on. We pay close attention to contributions to open source projects.
- Be intensely passionate about good code.
- Care deeply about intuitive user interface design.
- Recognize that the best software development is social.
- Hate the developers of IE6 with a passion that will never die.
Years of experience aren’t necessary—we highly value skill and intelligence—although they can be helpful. We’re open to folks who specialize in either client or server-side development.
If empowering people to control their own hardware excites you, drop us a line.
We’re located in San Luis Obispo, CA—the happiest town in America.