NEW PRODUCTS – EL Wire: White, Aqua, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red and Pink! Electroluminescent wire! EL Wire, also known as Electroluminescent wire is a stiff wire core coated with phosphor and then covered with a protective PVC sheath. When an AC signal is applied to it, it glows! See colors below. It looks a little like thin neon. Very bendable, it keeps its shape and you can curl it around your finger. Its an easy way to add some glow to a project, not as bright as LEDs but uses a lot less power!
We’ve got 2.6mm thickness EL wire, pre-cut and soldered to a standard quick-connects. It is made with the latest technology and twice as bright as ‘standard’ 2.3mm EL and a half-life (50% brightness reduction) after 3000 hours of continuous use. Draws about 10mA per meter. The capacitance is about twice that of ‘standard’ EL, 11 nF/m so if you’re using an inverter, it will drive only half as much high brightness wire as standard. Often used for costuming, decoration, accent lighting, safety vests, bicycle/motorcycle/car/boat/home decoration, signs, etc!
- White EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/410
- Aqua EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/409
- Blue EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/408
- Green EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/407
- Yellow EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/406
- Orange EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/405
- Red EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/403
- Pink EL http://www.adafruit.com/products/404
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.