NEW PRODUCT – Graphic ST7565 Negative LCD (128×64) with RGB backlight + extras. This graphical display looks fantastic, at a great price! This display will add the ultimate cool to your project, with a black negative display that has a full RGB LED backlight. You can control with PWM to make any color you can imagine, and it will look stunning with the black inverted (negative) background.
Four mounting holes and a blank 11 pin 2mm-pitch labeled breakout on the side – we just soldered some wire to each hole as shown in the photos, its very easy. (The LCDs have no wires soldered in when we ship them)
Bonus! We’re including a free 4050 level shifter chip so that you can safely use it with your favorite 5V microcontroller
- Lower cost than KS0108 LCDs
- Serial interface uses only 4 or 5 digital pins
- Low power, full-color RGB LED backlight
- Visible in daylight without backlight
- Works perfectly with 3V logic
- 3.3v power and logic means a level converter is needed for 5V Arduinos (we include this part when purchasing from us)
- Microcontroller must buffer display – uses 1Kb of RAM. This means you must upgrade to a ATmega328 if you are using an Arduino with a ‘8 or ‘168
For a more detailed tutorial, including how to wire up the display with a 4050, see our writeup at http://www.ladyada.net/learn/lcd/st7565.html
We have C code and an Arduino library ready to go (we suggest reading the above tutorial too!).
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “If Work Is Digital, Why Do We Still Go to the Office?”
Wearables — Stiff upper lip
Electronics — Signature required?
Biohacking — BBC Biohacking: Technology and Health
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.