NEW PRODUCT – Graphic ST7565 Positive LCD (128×64) with RGB backlight + extras. This graphical display looks great, costs less! The dark gray pixels are visible in daylight, and there’s also a full RGB LED backlight, which you can control with PWM to make any color you can imagine.
Four mounting holes and a blank 11 pin 2mm-pitch labeled breakout on the side – we just soldered some wire to each hole as shown in the photos, its very easy. (The LCDs have no wires soldered in when we ship them)
Bonus! We’re including a free 4050 level shifter chip so that you can safely use it with your favorite 5V microcontroller
- Lower cost than KS0108 LCDs
- Serial interface uses only 4 or 5 digital pins
- Low power, full-color RGB LED backlight
- Visible in daylight without backlight
- Works perfectly with 3V logic
- 3.3v power and logic means a level converter is needed for 5V Arduinos (we include this part when purchasing from us)
- Microcontroller must buffer display – uses 1Kb of RAM. This means you must upgrade to a ATmega328 if you are using an Arduino with a ‘8 or ‘168
For a more detailed tutorial, including how to wire up the display with a 4050, see our writeup at http://www.ladyada.net/learn/lcd/st7565.html We have C code and an Arduino library ready to go (we suggest reading the above tutorial too!).
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Brushing it clean
Electronics — Electrolytic Limitations
Biohacking — High Power Density Human Sweat Battery
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.