NEW PRODUCT – Waterproof Metal On/Off Switch with Green LED Ring [16mm Green On/Off] . These chrome-plated metal buttons are rugged and waterproof and look real good while doing it! Simply drill a 16mm hole into any material up to 1/2″ thick and you can fit these in place, there’s even a rubber gasket to keep any water out of the enclosure. On the front of the button is a flat metal actuator, surrounded by a green plastic LED ring. On the back there are 3 contacts for the button (common, normally-open and normally-closed) and 2 for the blue LED ring (+ and -). Connect 3 to 6V to the LED to have it light up nicely, there’s a built in resistor! If you want to use this with a higher voltage, say 12V or 24V, simply add a 470 ohm resistor in series with the LED connection to keep the LED current at around 20mA.
This button is an on/off switch button, when you press it the ‘normally-open’ contact shorts to the common contact and the button stays ‘pressed’. When you press it a second time, the button springs open, and the contacts open up again.
- Drill hole diameter: 16mm
- Switch rating: 3A / 250VDC
- Switch contacts: 1 NO, 1 NC
- Material: Chrome-plated brass
- Grade: IP40/IP67
- Contact resistance: < 50 mOhm
- Insulation resistance: > 1000 Mohm
- Temperature: -20 C to +55 C
- Mechanical life: > 500,000
- Electrical life: > 50,000
- Panel thickness: 1-13mm
- Operating pressure: 1.5 – 2.5 N
- Operating stroke: 2mm
- Lamp rated voltage: 6V