Sugru – multicolor pack. Soft-touch silicone rubber that molds and sets permanently. Sticks to aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood and some fabrics + plastics! sugru is the incredible new air-curing rubber for hackers, makers, gadget lovers & anyone else who wants to make things or make their stuff work better. Self-adhesive to most other materials, and flexible when cured, sugru is a versatile tool for hackers and makers – Repair and strengthen damaged cables and housing, mount components where you want them, strengthen attachments and protect against vibration, and a hundred other uses we’re sure youʼll find for it. This is great for prototyping. Be sure to read the entire product page including the tabbed sections before purchase.
Multi-colour 12 x 5g minipacks inside a lovely big pouch for $17.95. Sugru does have a ‘use by’ date – this batch is good till May 2012!
Top 10 uses of sugru for hackers and makers:
- Repair and strengthen damaged cables
- Mount components semi-permanently e.g. webcam / microphones / wires / switches
- Replace missing feet on speakers, laptops etc
- Mount components, and add feet to PCBs
- Repair casing / housing on computers and earphones
- Insulate wires
- Strengthen attachments, protect against vibration
- Enclose prototype electronics, make them waterproof
- Add feet under harddrives to allow air to circulate underneath
- Make awesome custom housing on USB flash drives
Properties, self adhesive sugru bonds to:
- Some fabrics
- Some plastics
- Form by hand – no tools needed
- Colors can be mixed
- Cures at room temperature to a tough flexible silicone overnight
- Waterproof and dishwasher proof when cured
- “Loves” a bit of heat or cold, sugru is resistant from -60 degrees C to 180 degrees C
- UV resistant
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Blue Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Green Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Orange Sugru
- Three 5 gram mini-packs of Black Sugru
- Three 5 gram mini-packs of White Sugru
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Alibaba to invest $15b in tech, set up research labs around the world
Wearables — Hand beading mimicry
Electronics — Trigger happy oscilloscope?
Biohacking — Biohacking: Visioneer – AI Glasses to Assist the Visually Impaired
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.