November 5, 2011 is the 66th anniversary of the first FM transmission in 1935 from Yonkers, NY, by Carmen “Randy” Runyon W2XAG. On Saturday, a network of Tesla special event ham radio stations will be on the air helping to raise awareness of the effort to purchase the Wardencyffe laboratory and restore it into a science museum. A list of the stations is below:
- N3Y – New Yorker Hotel, Tesla’s last home in Manhattan SAT (satellite) and possibly HF (1:30-5:30 pm EST)
- W0RAA, W0EM, WV7T, and KG7UFO – Colorado Springs home of Tesla’s lab that served as a prototype for Wardenclyffe!
- W2XAG – The Yonkers PAL Amateur Radio Club will be transmitting a few blocks away from the original station which sent the first FM transmission in 1935 using the same call W2XAG.
- W3T – Wardenclyffe, Shoreham NY, Nikola Tesla’s last laboratory on 40/30/20 SSB/CW
- YU0TESLA – Tesla Museum, Belgrade 20 meters and other HF bands
If you are able to make contact with these stations, you will be able to collect some of these great Tesla QSL cards. But don’t forget, you need a license to operate a ham radio.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Pololu’s New Machines
Wearables — Mystical elements
Electronics — Disable unused channels!
Biohacking — Two Blood Meters to Start Your Biohacking Adventure
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.