November 5, 2011 is the 66th anniversary of the first FM transmission in 1935 from Yonkers, NY, by Carmen “Randy” Runyon W2XAG. On Saturday, a network of Tesla special event ham radio stations will be on the air helping to raise awareness of the effort to purchase the Wardencyffe laboratory and restore it into a science museum. A list of the stations is below:
- N3Y – New Yorker Hotel, Tesla’s last home in Manhattan SAT (satellite) and possibly HF (1:30-5:30 pm EST)
- W0RAA, W0EM, WV7T, and KG7UFO – Colorado Springs home of Tesla’s lab that served as a prototype for Wardenclyffe!
- W2XAG – The Yonkers PAL Amateur Radio Club will be transmitting a few blocks away from the original station which sent the first FM transmission in 1935 using the same call W2XAG.
- W3T – Wardenclyffe, Shoreham NY, Nikola Tesla’s last laboratory on 40/30/20 SSB/CW
- YU0TESLA – Tesla Museum, Belgrade 20 meters and other HF bands
If you are able to make contact with these stations, you will be able to collect some of these great Tesla QSL cards. But don’t forget, you need a license to operate a ham radio.
Our Ladyada (Limor Fried) was nominated for Red Hat’s Women in Open Source Award! Please vote for her! Visit: https://www.redhat.com/en/about/women-in-open-source
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — The strange world of low-margin online returns
Wearables — Hot glue undo
Electronics — Diamonds may be forever… but components? Not so much.
Biohacking — Raspberry Pi Health Dashboard
Python for Microcontrollers — Python is for the birds, deep dive, Raspberry Pi store, and more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.