This project revisits the code originally created for the Written Images project. There were some aspects of the code which always frustrated me that I didn’t know how to address at the time. In reworking this code, I finally figured out how to deal with large numbers of point lights in GLSL shaders as well as getting a better handle on dealing with the magnetic field itself. Previous versions used a rotation matrix to try and whip and spin the magnetic field into interesting forms. This was not an ideal solution. So I gutted the magnetism code and restructured it so that I wouldn’t need to rely on tricks. The results are quite promising.
Crystalline was made with the Cinder C++ framework.