NEW PRODUCT – RF Touch Wheel Controller for Analog RGB LED Strips. This touch controller set is a quick and easy way to control a bunch of our 12V analog RGB LED strip. The box part contains power driver circuitry and an RF receiver. The handheld remote contains a capacitive touch interface and an RF transmitter. By wiring the analog strip to the box you can easily adjust the color from across the room. Since it it is RF you don’t need line-of-sight like you would with an IR Remote.
The box has a few ‘programs’ built in, such as rainbow fading and a really obnoxious colorful blinking effect. However, you’ll probably end up being very happy with the basic control system that the remote allows. You can turn it on or off by pressing the power button, change the brightness by pressing B+ or B- and select the color using the scrolling color wheel.
This package contains just the controller box and remote. You’ll likely want to pick up a few other items to complete the project:
- AAA batteries, the RF remote requires 3 and they are not included
- 4-pin euro terminal block allows connecting the LED strip without soldering
- 12V 5A power adapter is perfect for driving any of our LED strips! It can drive up to 5 meters of the 60 LED/meter strip
- JST Plugs and JST Receptacles – for quick connecting LED strip segments.
- 2.1mm barrel jack adapter will let you solderlessly connect the 12V power adapter to the RGB controller box.
- LED strips! You can use this with our 60 LED/meter RGB, 30 LED/meter RGB or 60 LED/meter warm white.
- Working temperature: -20 to 60°C
- Control Box Dimensions: 89mmx70mmx28mm
- Strip power voltage: 12-24VDC
- 3 Channel output, 4 Amps per channel (12 Amps total)
- For common anode LED strips
- RF Touch remote: 25 meter distance
- 100 brightness levels
- 64 Color selectable wheel
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Is it armor or fabric?
Electronics — With SMT, start big …
Biohacking — Four Lucid Dreaming Wearables
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.