NEW PRODUCT – Sewable EL wire welted piping starter pack – Aqua – 5 meters (PACK VERSION!) A little bundle to get you started! This project pack contains:
- 5 meters (over 16 ft) of welted EL wire piping in Aqua. 5 meters is the maximum amount for the pocket driver – it is cut and soldered so it’s ready to go!
- Pocket EL inverter runs on 2 AA Alkaline or rechargeable batteries (not included)
- 2 inches of heat shink, both 1/8″ and 1/4″ for protecting the EL wire after soldering if you end up wanting to change the wire up
- 2 inches of copper tape, used when soldering EL wire
- 2 inches of foam tape, we use this to pad the inside of the inverter to quiet it down
Soldering to EL wire is a little tricky but luckily we wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial! You’ll need wire strippers, a soldering iron & solder, copper tape and heat shrink. A third-hand tool is really useful as well.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Happy CyberMonday ya’ll it’s #MakerBusiness
Wearables — Let it rain
Electronics — Autoscale is cheating!
Biohacking — CRISPR is Currently in Patent Court
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.