Coobro Geo owner and active user Gerard (call sign DL8SEL) has been pumping out updates to the Coobro Geo code and he is finally ready to show it off. We are blown away with what Gerard has done here. Here is the long list of new features he has developed:
- 32 breadcrumb coordinate storage in eeprom
- 32 geo coordinate storage in eeprom
- Active geo and breadcrumb coordinates shown on the distance LEDs in binary
- Activity logging: every time you turn on the device it logs the date/time/location of your start (10 revolving data logs)
- Read and write coordinates and breadcrumbs via serial communication (a write command allows you to store breadcrumbs lat/lon in a specific location in the table, a read command shows all non-zero breadcrums lat/lon)
- When you turn on the device, it will flash the software version in binary
- When you turn off, then turn on the device, it will return to the last coordinate you were navigating to
- The close-up distance display can be changed easily with a #define macro (from 5 to 10 or xx meter if you want to use it in a car)
- When you turn on the device, it will transfer all wp of the program code into the corresponding eeprom wp storage area if the corresponding storage field is empty
A special thanks to Gerard for all of his hard work on the code! This is what makes open source great.
Make sure to view the header in Gerard’s sketch for instructions on how to read/write to the Coobro Geo over serial. Download Gerard’s updated code on GitHub.
Not a Coobro Geo owner? Pick one up here!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — State of the live streaming’ Facebook, YouTube, Twitch and now Twitter (Periscope)
Wearables — Defeat UV discoloration
Electronics — Steady Headers
Biohacking — Are There Any Proven Benefits to Fasting?
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.