Parallax BOEBot Robot for Arduino Kit (Board of Education). We are very excited about this one! This kit brings the excellent design and tutorials of Parallax to the Arduino world. Make your Arduino the onboard brain of a mobile robot and learn robotics, electronics, and programming with this versatile kit and its accompanying step-by-step lessons. The Board of Education Shield plugs into your own Arduino (not included) and mounts on the popular Boe-Bot robot chassis.
With this kit and your own Arduino module, you can follow the Robotics with the Board of Education Shield for Arduino lessons with over 40 hands-on activities.
- Learning to program your robot’s Arduino Brain
- Calibrating the robot’s continuous rotation servo motors
- Using lights and speakers for status indicators
- Assembling the robot
- Preprogrammed navigation
- Using touch-switches to navigate by contact with objects
- Using phototransistors to navigate by light
- Using non-contact infrared sensors to measure distance and avoid or follow objects
The original Robotics with the Boe-Bot text for the BASIC Stamp microcontroller has enjoyed worldwide popularity with teachers and hobbyists, and has been translated into seven languages. Author Andy Lindsay revised his work for the Arduino community, and Parallax Inc. is making it available as a free, online tutorial at http://learn.parallax.com/ShieldRobot.
- Board of Education Shield PCB
- High-quality aluminum robot chassis, continuous rotation servos, and wheels
- Boe-Boost Module
- All the electronic components and sensors needed for the Robotics activities
- All the assembly hardware needed (nuts, screws standoffs)
- Parallax Screwdriver
Adafruit tested and approved!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — The Essential Guide to Electronics in Shenzhen
Wearables — Lithium Batteries: a soft touch goes a long way
Electronics — Capacitor Polarity Markers
Biohacking — Can Gizmos Cure Insomnia? – The New Yorker
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.