The third annual National Robotics Week will be held this week!
We doubled our events in 2011 from our 2010 inaugural year, and hope to reach even more participants in 2012. Stay tuned and look for events near you!
Mark your calendars and watch here for more information.
The purpose of National Robotics Week is to:
- Celebrate the US as a leader in robotics technology development
- Educate the public about how robotics technology impacts society, both now and in the future
- Advocate for increased funding for robotics technology research and development
- Inspire students of all ages to pursue careers in robotics and other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math-related fields
Why is robotics important?
- Robotics technology is a growing industry which creates high-tech jobs in the US
- Robotics technologies are helping to improve healthcare, national defense, homeland security, energy, manufacturing, logistics, transportation, agriculture, education, consumer goods, and many other sectors
- Robotics provides an exciting, hands-on way for students to learn Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
From April 9th (today) until April 15th at 11:59pm ET, 2012 we’re offering 10% off everything in our robotics category. Use code ROBOTWEEK on check out!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — @adafruit interviews the @microcenter CEO Rick Mershad ! (video)
Wearables — Thinking of involving your pet in your next wearables project?
Electronics — Higher isn’t always better
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.