NEW PRODUCT – Parallax Propeller Quickstart USB Development Board. The QuickStart is an evaluation board for the 8-Core Parallax Propeller. As an open-source reference design the QuickStart board provides basic Propeller circuitry. Developers may use our PCB layout files as their own to speed their project towards completion. As a project board the QuickStart is fully expandable and provides unimpeded access to all I/O pins through an expansion header but includes some button inputs and LEDs to demonstrate programming. With USB power and a selection of QuickStart Project examples it’s also the fastest way to get up and running.
Examples at Parallax Semiconductor:
- QuickStart 1: Comparison of Programming Tools
- QuickStart 2: Propeller Programming First Steps
- QuickStart 3: Introduction to Spin Objects
- QuickStart 4: Common Methods Found in Objects
- QuickStart 5: Multiple Cogs
- QuickStart 6: Using the Parallax Serial Terminal
- Open hardware reference design through our Altium and DipTrace PCB layout files (more export options may be possible)
- Bus-powered USB coupled with 3.3V regulator for 500 mA
- 5 mHz cyrstal on board may be disabled by removing SMT jumper, allowing replacement with external through-hole crystal
- 64KB EEPROM (32K for P8X32A program, 32K for general-purpose use)
- External brownout reset may be installed by removing SMT jumper
- (8) blue LEDs on P16-P23
- (8) resistive touch-buttons on P0-P7
- Pads for sigma-delta A/D circuitry (two resistors and two capacitors, both 0603) for using the Sigma-Delta A/D AppNote
- Expansion header provides access to Vss, Vdd, 32 I/O pins (28 for any use, 2 are I2C bus, and two are optional Tx/Rx if connected to USB power)
- Measures 2″ x 3″ (5.1 cm x 7.6 cm)
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Profile on iFixit (repair/takedowns and more)
Wearables — This one’s for all the Cosplayers out there
Electronics — Capacitor ESR
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.