NEW PRODUCT – Adafruit MENTA – Mint Tin Arduino Compatible Kit, Includes Mint Tin. Introducing the MENTA, a portable minty Arduino-compatible project that fits into a common mint tin. We took our super popular Boarduino series, and wrapped it with a prototyping area into a rounded PCB that slots directly into an Altoids-sized metal tin. We included everything you expect to jump-start your project:
- DC power adapter jack with polarity protection
- Beefy 1 Amp 5V regulator and 250mA 3.3V regulator for 3.3V devices
- Green power LED, red blinky LED on pin 13
- ISP-6 standard reprogramming header
- FTDI interface plug to connect an FTDI Friend or FTDI Cable
- Female header set so you can plug standard Arduino-compatible shields in.
- There’s four mounting holes if you want to attach it permanently to a box or plate
- Massive prototyping area so you can have the finished project all fit together in a protective box.
- Four rubber bumpers to protect your table from scratching, and the PCB and parts from the metal tin
- This pack even comes with the mint tin itself!
Comes as a kit of parts, this is an excellent beginner project, with step-by-step instructions even for someone who has never soldered before. A soldering iron, diagonal cutters and solder are required to complete the project. You’ll also need an FTDI adapter such as the FTDI Friend or FTDI Cable to program it via the Arduino IDE.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Authority and Decision-Making Differ Across Cultures
Wearables — Skin adherence
Electronics — LED Basics!
Biohacking — Stretchable EEG Temporary Tattoos
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.