NEW PRODUCT – Blue Character OLED 16×2. When you need low power, ultra-high contrast and any-angle readability, you can’t beat these great looking character OLEDs. They are pin/shape/code compatible with ‘standard’ HD44780 LCDs so you can just swap ’em in! Best of all, no backlight or contrast control is required, so they’re even simpler to get running.
- 16 characters wide, 2 rows
- Bright blue OLED text on black background
- Connection port is 0.1″ pitch, single row for easy breadboarding and wiring
- Pins are documented on the back of the LCD to assist in wiring it up
- No backlight! Each pixel is an individual LED
- Can be fully controlled with only 6 digital lines! (Any analog/digital pins can be used)
- Built in default character set supports English/Japanese text. Can also be set to use Western European and Russian, see the WS0010 datasheet for the full character sets
- Up to 8 extra characters can be created for custom glyphs or ‘foreign’ language support
- Comes with a strip of header
- Works with 3V or 5V power & logic
As an added bonus, the controller allows you to use it as a 100×16 graphic display as well – check the WS0010 datasheet for details. We don’t have a tutorial for this mode.
By default, the module is set up to be 4 or 8-bit HD44780 compatible. If you’re handy with a soldering iron, you can apparently place it in ‘SPI’ mode, by changing some of the jumpers on the back of the PCB. We don’t have a tutorial for using this mode, check the datasheets for details.
For more information, check out our detailed step-by-step Arduino+LCD tutorial
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Transforming Today’s Bad Jobs into Tomorrow’s Good Jobs
Wearables — Brushing it clean
Electronics — Electrolytic Limitations
Biohacking — High Power Density Human Sweat Battery
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.