NEW PRODUCT – Pocket Autoranging Digital Multimeter. When we’re on the go, we like to keep a multimeter in our purse and this model is by far the best pocket meter we’ve found. It’s so good you’ll end up using it as your main multimeter!
First up, this meter can measure nearly everything: it’s got DC and AC voltage, resistance, diode, and beeping continuity test, capacitance, frequency, and current (both AC and DC in micro-Ampere and milli-Amp ranges.) There’s also an alkaline battery test – essentially a fixed range voltage test with a bigger drain to get a realistic load reading not just a floating voltage reading.
And that’s not all! It’s also auto-ranging, has a data-hold button and turns itself off automatically after about 15 minutes to preserve the battery life. There’s a removable fuse inside for the current sensing side – cheaper meters have the fuse soldered in.
Our favorite part is the nice hard-shell case which will protect the meter and will remind you to turn it off (it won’t close properly if the switch isn’t in the off position) and a smart cord-wrapping area to keep the leads from unwrapping and poking holes in stuff. Runs on two 1.5V alkaline coin cells, of the very common LR44 variety – some cheaper meters use rare 12V cells that are hard to find. Comes with one set of batteries pre-installed. This is a really nice pocket multimeter!
- Dimensions: 116mm x 81mm x 13mm
- Cables are each 55cm (22in)
- Weight: 100 grams
- CE category Cat II 300V
- Measures 3 times per second
- Operating Temperatures: 0°lC-40°C
- Max display: 3999
- Diode Test
- Continuity with Beep
- Data Hold
- Symbol Display
- Auto Off
- Low Battery Indicator
- Range: 400mV/4V/40V/400V
- Resolution: 0.1mV Max
- Accuracy: ±(0.8% + 3) @ 400mV Range, ±(1.5% + 4) @ 4V-400V Range
- Input impedance: 10MΩ
- Range: 4V/40V/400V
- Resolution: 1mV Max
- Accuracy: ±(0.8% + 4) @ 4V Range, ±(2.0% + 4) @ 50-60Hz 40V-400V Range, (2.8% + 4) 40-400Hz
- Input impedance: 10MΩ
- uA Range: 400uA/4000uA
- mA Range: 40mA/200mA
- Resolution: 0.1uA
- Accuracy: DC ±(2.0% + 4), AC ±(3.0% + 5) 40-400Hz
- Overload protection: 250mA
- Range: 400Ω/4KΩ/40KΩ/400KΩ/4MΩ
- Resolution: 0.1 Ω
- Accuracy: ±(2% + 4) on 400Ω-4MΩ range
- Overload protection: 300VAC
- Resolution: 0.01 nF
- Accuracy: ±(3% + 5) on 4n-100uF range
- Range: 50/500/5K/50K/500K/5MHz
- Resolution: 0.01 Hz
- Accuracy: ±(1% + 4) on 10-1MHz range
- Input: 300V rms Max @ 50-60Hz, 10V rms Max @ 40-1MHz
- Test current: 0.6mA
- Open circuit voltage: ~1.5V
- Resolution: 1 mV
- If under 50 ± 20Ω
- 1.5V @ 40mA
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Blackbox “a new shipping company from the creators of Cards Against Humanity” @coolboxes
Wearables — Tape it down
Electronics — Spit in your eye
Biohacking — Biofabrication: The New Revolution in Material Design
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.