Wonder if you’re giving your dog the exercise she needs? Like electronics? Make your own GPS dog collar! The progress bar fills up as you stroll around the neighborhood. Set your goal ahead of time and watch the miles rack up. See the full guide and download the open source code at the Adafruit Learning System. Watch the video on YouTube (please subscribe to our channel!) and Vimeo. This project was a collaboration with Tyler Cooper!
You will need:
- Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout – 66 channel w/10 Hz updates – MTK3339 chipset
- Atmega32u4 Breakout Board
- Monochrome 128×32 OLED graphic display
- 3 x AAA Battery Holder and batteries
- stranded hookup wire
- wire-edged ribbon
- scrap of fabric
- electrical tape or dark nail polish (optional)
- Soldering iron
- wire strippers
- needle and thread
- sewing pins
- sewing machine (optional)
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.