I was playing a video game on my PC and found that my poor little fingers were getting sore from pressing the WASD keys. Since I am playing this game a lot perhaps I could find a way to ease the pain by using a joystick or gamepad. I already have a couple of old gamepads lying around that won’t work due to compatibility issues so I was reluctant to buy a new one. So I made a little joystick that can be placed on the keyboard. It is light weight and portable, no cables to plug in and there is no need to download any drivers. Just set it on your keyboard and it is ready to go.
Sugru – multicolor pack. Sugru! Soft-touch silicone rubber that molds and sets permanently. Sticks to aluminum, steel, ceramics, glass, wood and some fabrics + plastics! sugru is the incredible new air-curing rubber for hackers, makers, gadget lovers & anyone else who wants to make things or make their stuff work better. Self-adhesive to most other materials, and flexible when cured, sugru is a versatile tool for hackers and makers – Repair and strengthen damaged cables and housing, mount components where you want them, strengthen attachments and protect against vibration, and a hundred other uses we’re sure youʼll find for it. This is great for prototyping. Please read all of the following before purchasing…
Multi-colour 8 x 5g minipacks inside a lovely big pouch for $17.95. You get two red, two yellow, two blue and one black and one white packets. You can smoosh the colors together to make new colors! Sugru does have a ‘use by’ date – we guarantee that you will have at least 6 months (and often its 9 or 12 months) to use your Sugru!
Top 10 uses of sugru for hackers and makers:
- Repair and strengthen damaged cables
- Mount components semi-permanently e.g. webcam / microphones / wires / switches
- Replace missing feet on speakers, laptops etc
- Mount components, and add feet to PCBs
- Repair casing / housing on computers and earphones
- Insulate wires
- Strengthen attachments, protect against vibration
- Enclose prototype electronics, make them waterproof
- Add feet under harddrives to allow air to circulate underneath
- Make awesome custom housing on USB flash drives
Properties, self adhesive sugru bonds to:
- Some fabrics
- Some plastics
- Form by hand – no tools needed
- Colors can be mixed
- Cures at room temperature to a tough flexible silicone overnight
- Waterproof and dishwasher proof when cured
- “Loves” a bit of heat or cold, sugru is resistant from -60 degrees C to 180 degrees C
- UV resistant
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Blue Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Yellow Sugru
- Two 5 gram mini-packs of Red Sugru
- One 5 gram mini-pack of Black Sugru
- One 5 gram mini-packs of White Sugru
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Lessons Learned Scaling Airbnb 100X
Wearables — ABS ABC
Electronics — When do I use X10?
Biohacking — The Quantified Self Approach to Lowering Blood Glucose
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.