That was fast, our first review! Adafruit introduces customized Debian distro for Raspberry Pi (review). Tim writes –
This morning I woke up to some exciting news!, Well, depending on your definition of exciting, really. Adafruit have introduced a new Raspberry Pi linux image, based on the work done by the Raspbian team. What makes it unique is really what’s been enabled by default:
- Updated to Hexxeh firmware
- 4 Gig SD image (will not fit in 2 G cards!)
- I2C and hardware SPI support
- I2C/SPI modules initialized on boot
- sshd on boot
- ssh keygen on first boot
- runs ahavi daemon (Bonjour client) and is called raspberrypi.local
- Realtek RTL8188CUS wifi support
- One wire support on GPIO #4 when loaded
As usual, I had to get into it and look around and get dirty footprints everywhere
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Toy with inspiration
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.