You want to get hacking with your Pi fast, right? Get everything you need to start with the Adafruit Starter Pack for Raspberry Pi. It’s the perfect accompaniment to your new Pi, everything you need to get a distro image loaded and running. THIS PACK DOES NOT INCLUDE A RASPBERRY PI
Over $82 in parts, now at a 15% discount – only $69.95 !
- Adafruit clear acrylic Pi Box (with Dragon Claws!) – Keeps your Pi snug and safe, and is compatible with the GPIO cable and cobbler! Snaps together in seconds.
- 3′ long USB Micro-B Cable – Use this to power the Pi from a computer or the 5V 1A adapter
- 5V 1A power adapter – this ain’t no regular USB power plug! We had these custom made specifically for use with embedded Linux machines like the Pi. It provides clean 1A minimum with 5.25V to overcome the 0.25V drop of the USB cable
- USB TTL console cable – The easiest method by far to talk to the Pi – simply connect the black, green and white wires to the GPIO header and connect using a terminal program! Connect the red wire to also provide power.
- SD Card 4GB size – 2GB is a little too small, we think. This card works perfectly with our reader below and is ideal for loading in our educational Pi distro
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler kit with GPIO cable – with a little easy soldering this kit makes connecting to the GPIO/I2C/SPI/Power pins easy as pie
- USB microSD card reader – For loading the image onto the SD card. No drivers required, works with all OS’s and is plenty fast
- Large full-size clear breadboard – This breadboard is crystal-cool and has plenty of space for a Cobbler and your circuits
- Breadboarding wires – These flexible wires come in various colors and are easier to use than ‘cut wire’ kits
- 10 foot long Ethernet cable – The Pi comes with built in Ethernet, so use it to make your project net-connected
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi badge – beautiful jewel-tone embroided badges are made with solar power and are iron on. Adafruit supports the Raspberry Pi foundation with donations and have permission to make these badges.
- BONUS PARTS! These parts will take you through the first couple of tutorials we have up on the Adafruit Learning System
- 5 x 10K resistors for pullups on the buttons
- 5 x 560 ohm resistors for the LEDs
- 1 RED 10mm diffused LED
- 1 GREEN 10mm diffused LED
- 1 BLUE 10mm diffused LED
- 3 tactile pushbuttons
- Light-sensitive resistor photocell
- 1uF capacitor
This pack is a great way to start and will let you burn our Adafruit hacking distro to the SD card, connect your Pi to the ‘net and follow these tutorials to whet your appetite:
- Introduction to outputs – Light up an LED when you get more email
- Introduction to inputs – Play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors – Reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — How Intel Makes a Chip
Wearables — Go magnetic
Electronics — LED colors: what they tell you
Biohacking — Brainding – Circuit Bending Using an EEG
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.