School teacher Adam Kemp tackles your questions in our “Ask an Educator” column! If you’ve got a question, ask away! Here’s a recap of this year’s questions so far:
- What undergraduate majors are encompassed by STEM?
- Is there any sort of Wikipedia for STEM curriculum?
- How do you inspire middle/high school girls to get involved in STEM courses?
- How do you teach STEM concepts to kindergartners and 1st/2nd graders?
- What are some STEM resources for making lesson plans?
- How can I use IR sensors to detect where someone is sitting in a room?
- What is the difference between the different types of diodes?
- Can I use a 3V lithium battery in a 3.3V circuit?
- How do I verify Ohm’s law when using a battery?
- Can I power an EL sheet with a 3V battery?
- How can I control a solenoid or motor with an H-Bridge?
- How can I convert an analog value to a digital one?
- Making a non-inverting op amp circuit on a breadboard
- What is the functional difference between stranded and solid-core wire?
- How do I choose resistors to match a multiplexed led matrix?
- Can scrap EL sheet still be used?
- Can 3.3VDC, 5VDC and 9VDC share a common ground?
- Whats the difference between Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard, etc?
- How do I make things move with an Arduino?
- Is there a free AVR simulator I can download or use online?
- Is there a way for an Arduino to turn itself off?
- How can I control the speed of a motor with Arduino?
- How can I control a security gate with my Arduino?
- How can I control an old RC car with an Arduino?
- What is the best path if you want to progress from Arduino to bare AVRs?
- How can I use a microcontroller to monitor a VAWT?
- How can I suggest that Arduinos be introduced into my university computer science curriculum?
- How do I add a robotics class to my high school classroom?
- How do I start a robotics program at our small academy in Ibiza, Spain!
- How do you teach Art and Design to science/engineering students?
- What are the first things that students new to engineering should learn in the classroom?
- How do you teach a subject that you are not an “expert” in?
- Where can I learn about basic electronics if my school doesn’t offer any courses?
- How can I teach my 12 year old to code?
- Math & Electrical Engineering?
- How can I teach electronics concepts to 1st graders?
- How can I explain a sine-wave to a 13 year old?
- How can I visualize what transistors and capacitors do?
- What would you suggest for a Arduino workshop for 7-10yr. olds?
- Can EL wire be used as guitar strings?
- How can I maintain temperature of my home-brew while it ferments?
- How can I keep power to an AUX device in my car?
- What software would you use to design a 3D printer?
- How can I measure the height of my model rocket?
- Where can I find materials for my projects?
- How can I focus a 1W laser diode for a laser engraver project?
Adafruit for Educators! #backtoschool
Please visit our educator’s section to learn more about:
- Adafruit volume discounts and programs for educators, discounts galore!
- Adafruit electronic kits, products, Arduino & Raspberry Pi products for education, we have’em!
- Adafruit products and Arduino for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). Used in schools!
- The Adafruit System, the best way to learn electronics!
- Adafruit iron-on “skill badges” / patches and partners, celebrate skills building!
- Resources for educators, our picks for educators!
- Adafruit for educators content on Adafruit.com, daily posts for educators!
- Circuit Playground – iPad/iPhone App For Educators, volume discounts via Apple’s edu program!
- Adafruit copyright permission for educators, educators can use them, hassle-free!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Kickstarter’s “12 Tips on Shipping Rewards”
Wearables — Diffuse the glow
Electronics — Check out this shorthand shortcut
Biohacking — Testing for Fat Burning at the Colorado 200
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.