Today we updated Occidentalis v0.2 – Adafruit’s Raspberry Pi Educational Linux Distro. This is our second distro, Occidentalis v0.2. Rubus occidentalis is the black raspberry. It is derived from Raspbian Wheezy August 16
We have made a few key changes to make it more hardware-hacker friendly!
Version 0.2 updates (new!)
- Truncated image – only 2.6G now to fit on any 4G card
- raspi-config notice retained on boot
- Removed persistant wlan0 entry
- Password-change reminder on login
- Added RTC and lm-sensors kernel module
- Included kernel modules for: DS1307, AD626 I2C digipots, HMC6352, BMP085, ADS1015
- New! Adafruit’s PWM/Servo kernel module for easy PWM/Servo control on GPIO#18
Version 0.1 updates (still included)
- Updated to Hexxeh firmware
- I2C and hardware SPI support
- I2C/SPI modules initialized on boot
- sshd on boot
- ssh keygen on first boot
- runs avahi daemon (Bonjour client) and is called raspberrypi.local
- Realtek RTL8188CUS wifi support
- One wire support on GPIO #4 when loaded
Please keep in mind, we are not full time linux distro maintainers – we will try to fix any bugs we find but this distro is not for beginners or people who are new to linux! NOTE: Be sure to check the MD5/SHA checksum before uncompressing/burning to your SD – it’s a big file and you can have Pi instability if a few bits are wrong!
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Presentation: Ten Year Futures – Benedict Evans
Wearables — Toy with inspiration
Electronics — Servo Pulses
Biohacking — Nutrigenomics – Personalized Vitamin Supplements Based on DNA
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.