New York, NY (Soho)
Are you interested in robots? Do you like robots that fly? Are you looking for an opportunity to learn how to implement autonomous systems with the industry-leading open source artificial intelligence and robotics tools?
Falkor Systems, Inc., an early-stage startup developing autonomous flying robots for the commercial market, is looking for an engineering student intern. The intern will help us design and build our initial prototypes.
The company’s founder / CEO is a successful entrepreneur whose first company developed a pioneering product development strategy which led the United States government to substantially restructure its technology export control policy. The company eventually sold to Red Hat, Inc.
The intern will:
- prototype and build micro-controller and embedded systems electronic components
- develop computer vision algorithms
- construct flying robot airframes
- develop flying robot simulations
- participate in flight testing
Our ideal candidate:
- is pursuing a Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering degree
- loves open source technology and is familiar with standard open source development tools
- possesses a working familiarity with OpenCV, ROS, Arduino, Beaglebone
- wants to get in on the ground floor of a world-changing startup
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — Re-evaluating Amazon after its acquisition of Whole Foods
Wearables — It’s not a deal breaker
Electronics — Higher isn’t always better
Biohacking — Vitamin-C + Gelatin for Accelerated Recovery
Adafruit IoT Monthly — The S in IoT is for Security, Amazon announces Sidewalk and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — Xenomorph candy bucket and spooky workshops with MakeCode!
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.