NEW PRODUCT – Art Controller Relay Board Kit. The Art Controller is a multitalented, stand-alone relay module with microcontroller based timing and logic. Easier to adjust and more versatile than most other low-cost time-delay relay modules, the Art Controller can switch AC or DC loads and is reprogrammable to handle the most specialized applications.
The Art Controller gets its name from its inspiration. It was originally suggested by San Francisco Bay Area kinetic artists Christopher T. Palmer and Nemo Gould as a stand-alone device for triggering activating electronic art pieces that need to run for a little while after a button is pressed or a coin is inserted into a slot. And while it can do that (very well), it can be used in countless other jobs where you need to switch on (or off) an electronic load with a relay and timer.
- Recommended load rating: 24 V DC/40 VAC, 5 A (10 A, normally-open, only).
- Screw terminals for relay contacts.
- DIP switches to set timing.
- Power indicator and relay state indicator LEDs.
- On-board 5 V regulator; runs from 7-15 V DC, or can be run from 5 V directly.
- Screw terminals for trigger and input power. Location for optional DC power barrel jack.
- Pre-programmed AVR Microcontroller (Atmel ATtiny2313A), with 6-pin programming header
Standard timing features:
- Time delay can be set from 1 second to 31 hours.
- Time delay is set by DIP switches; no need to guess and check timing with an adjustment dial.
- Auxiliary cancel-trigger input, halts operation immediately.
- Can be triggered by any low-going signal, or external button, switch, or coin acceptor.
Versatile operating modes:
- Can be run as a one-shot or repeating (automatic cycling) timer.
- Can be configured to cancel the trigger if a second trigger input is received.
- Can be set to automatically trigger at power-on.
And, that’s just with the standard firmware. You can customize every bit of the Art Controller’s behavior to your heart’s content by reprogramming the microcontroller.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “Backers of Open-Source Chips Launch Startup”
Wearables — Interfacing comfort
Electronics — Turn the heat up! when unleaded
Biohacking — Biofabrication: The New Revolution in Material Design
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.