NEW PRODUCT – Teensy 3.0 + header. Teensy 3.0 is a small, breadboard-friendly development board designed by Paul Stoffregen and PJRC. Teensy 3.0 will bring a low-cost 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 platform to hobbyists, students and engineers, using an adapted version of the Arduino IDE (Teensyduino) or programming directly in C language.
Based on a 32 bit ARM chip, Teensy 3.0 aims to greatly increase the computing capability and peripheral features, but maintain the same easy-to-use platform that has made Teensy 2.0 so successful.
Please note: Teensy 3.0 and 2.0 are not official Arduino-brand products. Although the Teensyduino IDE has been adapted so that many simple Arduino projects will work with the Teensy, there will still be a lot of libraries and shields that will not work with this device! If you’re new to microcontrollers, we suggest going with a classic Arduino UNO since all Arduino projects, examples and libraries will work with it.
- 32 bit ARM Cortex-M4 48 MHz CPU (M4 = DSP extensions) Here is Freescale’s datasheet for the chip (warning 1227 pages)
- 128K Flash Memory, 16K RAM, 2K EEPROM
- 14* High Resolution Analog Inputs (13 bits usable, 16 bit hardware)
- 34* Digital I/O Pins (10 shared with analog)
- 10 PWM outputs
- 8 Timers for intervals/delays, separate from PWM
- USB with dedicated DMA memory transfers
- 3 UARTs (serial ports)
- SPI, I2C, I2S, IR modulator
- I2S (for high quality audio interface)
- Real Time Clock (with user-added 32.768 crystal and battery)
- 4 general purpose DMA channels (separate from USB)
- Touch Sensor Inputs
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — “Inside One of the World’s Most Secretive iPhone Factories”
Wearables — It’s not cheating
Electronics — Blown transistor?
Biohacking — “1 Minute of All-Out Exercise May Have Benefits of 45 Minutes of Moderate Exertion”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.