Sifteo, a venture-backed start-up creating a next-generation play system, is seeking a talented Platform Engineer to help us build our revolutionary game system. We are looking for candidates who have proven expertise in creating well-designed, robust, and delightful systems, an ability to quickly improvise and iterate, and a passion for building innovative technologies.
You will be working on very advanced, totally new, homegrown software virtualization technologies, super efficient graphics systems, code generation techniques – this is an opportunity to truly learn and test your computer science and software development abilities. Our product embodies simplicity but belies some cutting-edge stuff.
- design, develop and improve the firmware that runs on the hardware
- make magic: get complex high-level code running on ultra-constrained hardware
- design test rigs for your work
- enhance the SDK and drive it to new heights of glory
- participate in design, especially contributing technical feasibility
- debug patiently, document efficiently, refactor smartly, and push hard for testing and quality
- continue defining your role as we grow
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years software development experience
- demonstrated mastery of low-level software and/or firmware development including: Assembly and C/C++ on 8051, AVR, ARM; code optimization, assembly hacking; knowledge of bus architectures and communication protocols
- solid understanding of computer architecture and computer science. For example: you know what LLVM is; you can explain how a VM works in detail and classify the different flavors; you have played with optimizing an interpreted language on a resource-constrained system; you are up to date in the state of the art in embedded systems
- down with TDD, BDD, or whatever methodology it takes to keep our system solid
- excited about Sifteo cubes, and ready to work hard with us
- have a sense of humor
- pro-active, detailed, communicative and organized – you take pride in your work
Bonus points for:
- signal processing and pattern recognition techniques
- creating games
- designing and developing APIs
- basic EE skills
Why you should work here:
- we’ll trust you to do things right
- you’d be getting in early in a company that has massive potential
- you’ll feel satisfied that you’re creating something that people love
- we are working on something awesome! Join us!
Compensation & Benefits:
- salary plus equity, depending on experience
- full medical, dental and vision insurance
- a 401(k)!
- plenty of beer in the fridge and food in the kitchen
- weekly lunches, game nights and more
- can you beat our CEO in Dr. Mario? It’s possible. He’s not bad. Join us and find out.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Happy CyberMonday ya’ll it’s #MakerBusiness
Wearables — Let it rain
Electronics — Autoscale is cheating!
Biohacking — CRISPR is Currently in Patent Court
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.