Sifteo, a venture-backed start-up creating a next-generation play system, is seeking a talented Platform Engineer to help us build our revolutionary game system. We are looking for candidates who have proven expertise in creating well-designed, robust, and delightful systems, an ability to quickly improvise and iterate, and a passion for building innovative technologies.
You will be working on very advanced, totally new, homegrown software virtualization technologies, super efficient graphics systems, code generation techniques – this is an opportunity to truly learn and test your computer science and software development abilities. Our product embodies simplicity but belies some cutting-edge stuff.
- design, develop and improve the firmware that runs on the hardware
- make magic: get complex high-level code running on ultra-constrained hardware
- design test rigs for your work
- enhance the SDK and drive it to new heights of glory
- participate in design, especially contributing technical feasibility
- debug patiently, document efficiently, refactor smartly, and push hard for testing and quality
- continue defining your role as we grow
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years software development experience
- demonstrated mastery of low-level software and/or firmware development including: Assembly and C/C++ on 8051, AVR, ARM; code optimization, assembly hacking; knowledge of bus architectures and communication protocols
- solid understanding of computer architecture and computer science. For example: you know what LLVM is; you can explain how a VM works in detail and classify the different flavors; you have played with optimizing an interpreted language on a resource-constrained system; you are up to date in the state of the art in embedded systems
- down with TDD, BDD, or whatever methodology it takes to keep our system solid
- excited about Sifteo cubes, and ready to work hard with us
- have a sense of humor
- pro-active, detailed, communicative and organized – you take pride in your work
Bonus points for:
- signal processing and pattern recognition techniques
- creating games
- designing and developing APIs
- basic EE skills
Why you should work here:
- we’ll trust you to do things right
- you’d be getting in early in a company that has massive potential
- you’ll feel satisfied that you’re creating something that people love
- we are working on something awesome! Join us!
Compensation & Benefits:
- salary plus equity, depending on experience
- full medical, dental and vision insurance
- a 401(k)!
- plenty of beer in the fridge and food in the kitchen
- weekly lunches, game nights and more
- can you beat our CEO in Dr. Mario? It’s possible. He’s not bad. Join us and find out.
Adafruit has had paid day off for voting for our team for years, if you need help getting that going for your organization, let us know – we can share how and why we did this as well as the good results. Here are some resources for voting by mail, voting in person, and some NY resources for our NY based teams as well. If there are additional resources to add, please let us know – adafruit.com/vote
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, TinyGO, or even use the Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for CircuitPython, MakeCode, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? The Electronics Show and Tell is every Wednesday at 7pm ET! To join, head over to YouTube and check out the show’s live chat – we’ll post the link there.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — To make it through a tough business cycle, layoffs should be a last resort
Wearables — Sparkle nails
Electronics — Tactile Confusion?
Python for Microcontrollers — Python on Microcontrollers Newsletter: CircuitPython 6 beta 0, Discord 25k and much more! #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython #CircuitPythonDay @micropython @ThePSF
Adafruit IoT Monthly — Mitigating Climate Change with IoT, LoRaWAN Gardens, and more!
Microsoft MakeCode — MakeCode and Wonder Woman 1984 Team Up
EYE on NPI — Maxim’s Himalaya uSLIC Step-Down Power Module #EyeOnNPI @maximintegrated @digikey
New Products – Adafruit Industries – Makers, hackers, artists, designers and engineers! — NEW PRODUCT – USB Type C Cable with Data/Charge Switch – 1 meter long
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.