Over at DesignSpark, they posted a preview of an upcoming ‘Lab Board’ for the mbed microcontroller. It is pretty insane what they have fit onto a credit card sized board. Here are some of the included features:
- 128 x 32 graphics backlit LCD, SPI interface
- 3-axis accelerometer, +/- 1.5g, I2C interface
- Temperature sensor, I2C interface
- 5-way navigation switch (Thumb joystick)
- 2 x Potentiometers
- RGB LED, PWM connected
- Miniature loudspeaker, PWM connected
- Socket headers for Xbee Zigbee module or RN-XV Wifi module
- 2 x 3.5mm audio jack (Analogue In/Out)
- 2 x standard R/C servo motor headers
- Mini-USB connector (keyboard, mouse, MIDI)
- USB-A connector (Flash drive, Bluetooth, GSM Modem(UK Only))
- RJ-45 Ethernet connector
- 1.3mm 6 to 9Vdc jack socket (Powering USB-A and Servo headers)
- And of course the double-row header for the LPC1768 mbed module itself
Watch out for the official announcement on Twitter.
mbed + extras – LPC1768 development board [v5.1]. The mbed is a tool for rapid prototyping with microcontrollers using the beefy LPC1768 ARM Cortex M3 chip. While it looks like a classic breadboard-friendly breakout board, this dev board has a few tricks up its sleeve. First of all, underneath the PCB is a second LPC chip which acts as the programmer: when plugging into a USB port the mbed shows up as a flash drive and programs can be ‘dragged’ onto it for uploading. This makes it easy to program without an external device, and makes bricking impossible. There’s also a bunch of indicator LEDs, and a little flash storage chip as well.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Learn resistor values with Mho’s Resistance or get the best electronics calculator for engineers “Circuit Playground” – Adafruit’s Apps!
Maker Business — Makers and car advertising
Wearables — Battery save
Electronics — A way around surface mount snags
Biohacking — How Silicon Valley Is Trying to Hack Its Way Into a Longer Life
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.