MakerBot is looking for a senior programmer with extensive experience in embedded programming. The right person is a strong team player and is used to working in a deadline-driven and structured programming environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Design and develop software – including embedded software – for 3D printing products.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to interact with a wide range of users
- 5+ years professional C or C++ experience (or equivalent)
- 5+ years professional experience with embedded systems
- Linux programming experience
- Python experience
- Tight deadline & delivery experience
- Excellent teamwork, accountability and attention to detail
- Degree in computer science or comparable
- Familiarity with 3D printing or MakerBot
- Previous experience working on Polygonal Meshing applications
- Candidate Availability
The candidate must live in the New York City metropolitan area and work on site. There will be no relocation or remote interviews available for this position. In addition, the candidate must be completely available to work in the US. No visa assistance or visa processing will be provided.
Stop breadboarding and soldering – start making immediately! Adafruit’s Circuit Playground is jam-packed with LEDs, sensors, buttons, alligator clip pads and more. Build projects with Circuit Playground in a few minutes with the drag-and-drop MakeCode programming site, learn computer science using the CS Discoveries class on code.org, jump into CircuitPython to learn Python and hardware together, or even use Arduino IDE. Circuit Playground Express is the newest and best Circuit Playground board, with support for MakeCode, CircuitPython, and Arduino. It has a powerful processor, 10 NeoPixels, mini speaker, InfraRed receive and transmit, two buttons, a switch, 14 alligator clip pads, and lots of sensors: capacitive touch, IR proximity, temperature, light, motion and sound. A whole wide world of electronics and coding is waiting for you, and it fits in the palm of your hand.
Have an amazing project to share? Join the SHOW-AND-TELL every Wednesday night at 7:30pm ET on Google+ Hangouts.
Join us every Wednesday night at 8pm ET for Ask an Engineer!
Maker Business — A field guide to designing your PCBs, learned the hard way
Wearables — 5 meter fun
Electronics — Current limiting!
Biohacking — A Gene to Predict Modafinil Response
Python for Microcontrollers — Python snakes its way on the SparkFun SAMD21 Mini, Hackaday.io, 10k thanks, and Tim’s magazine #Python #Adafruit #CircuitPython @circuitpython @micropython @ThePSF @Adafruit
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.